Our Daily Dinner

Our Daily Dinner

October 1, 2010

Thinking Soft

Meatloaf in Spring Rolls Skin

George’s appetite is improving. His only diet restriction is that the food must be soft. I tried to come up with a tasty and interesting meal. I made a meatloaf and folded it into delicate spring rolls skins. To appease my preference for crunchy food, I made a big salad.

Menu

Meatloaf in Spring Rolls Skin
Pureed green peas
Salad
Wine: Giesen Sauvignon Blanc, 2009
Dessert: Häagen-Dazs Chocolate Ice Cream

Recipe: Meatloaf in spring rolls

¾ lb ground round
Bread soaked in beef broth
A chunk of soft liverwurst
Ketchup, salt, pepper Tabasco sauce, soy sauce
4 spring rolls skins

I separated the seasoned meatloaf into two separate loafs. Since I didn’t want any crust, I brushed the meat loafs with soy sauce and baked them in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Next, I soaked the spring rolls skins in warm water to soften, placed slices of meatloaf on top of each and rolled them up. To finish, I sautéed the filled spring rolls briefly in butter.

“Tastes terrific,” said George.

I knew we were on our way and treated myself to two glasses of Giesen Sauvignon Blanc.

No comments: